- Online submission format: JPG.
- Minimum picture size: 8 mega pixels.
- Maximum file size: 10 megabytes.
- All digital images must contain original metadata. If such information is not provided, imagesmay be disqualified.
- All digital images must be shot with a camera of at least 8 mega pixel.
- All images must be available for re-submitting in their original size.
- All semi-finalists will be required to re-submit the originals in RAW or tiff format at 300dpi. For the mobile category the image will be requested in its original format with no adaptions.
All images submitted for consideration in the Red Bull Illume Image Quest 2016 contest remain the sole property of the photographer. Entrants retain copyright over each of their images.
Entrants grant Red Bull GmbH and its affiliates, subsidiaries and partners the right to use the submitted photos without compensation in the context of Red Bull Illume, the Red Bull Illume contests, the Red Bull Illume Tours or for Red Bull Illume promotions, marketing, advertising, events and exhibitions. Notwithstanding the aforesaid this includes – without a restriction in time – the worldwide use of the submitted photos in any media, in particular any print-media (e.g. magazines, newspapers, books) and electronic/digital offline and online media (e.g. on Red Bull Illume or associated websites or social internet platforms and networks). To protect the copyright of the photographer, the Red Bull GmbH will use the submitted photos only in low resolution whenever this is reasonable and technically possible (e.g. on the internet). Credits will be given according to the customary practice in the media business.
Official website: http://www.redbullillume.com/contest/about.html