I’m sure an image sprang immediately to mind when you read the title of this competition. The male and female body have constantly performed for the camera throughout the history of photography – in ways that may seem natural, erotic, seductive, sculptural or simply descriptive.
There are many amazing photographs where the human body has been unwrapped and imaged in an exciting and unusual way. The surreal playfulness of Man Ray’s muse or Bill Brandt’s contortion of the female body in front of a coastal landscape are both great examples.
All sorts of bodies have found their way in front of the camera for many different reasons and a good image of a nude subject needs to play with a specific idea about imaging the body to bring us something, as well as someone, new to look at.
In the hands of a contemporary photographer we hope the body as subject will fire your imagination and encourage you to go beyond familiar ideas to create something compelling, perhaps even fun.
Send us your photographs of the human form in all its complexity – whether your visual opinion is driven by an aesthetic, documentary or, even a political perspective.
Entries will be accepted from both UK and Non UK – overseas photographers
Please note that your upload files need to be saved at 72 dpi – exactly 475 pixels along the longest edge and 85Kb maximum size. If you are having problems compressing your file, please read the HOW TO ENTER page for a step-by-step guide.
* LPA members single image entry: £8.00
* Series of up to six related images: £12.00
* Non members single image entry: £12.00
* Series of up to six related images: £16.00 STUDENT single entry: £5.00 Series of up to six related images: £10.00
Copyright policy You grant licence to London Photographic Association and agree that their work may be exhibited at venues organised by and for the purpose of the London Photographic Awards as well as through the London Photographic Association website.
* agree that the London Photographic Association may display entries featured in the London Photographic Awards exhibitions and website to promote the works of Entrants to the London Photographic Association and for education and reference purposes connected with the London Photographic Association.
* acknowledge that London Photographic Association relies fully upon the warranties and licence given by Entrants when submitting their entries.
* agree that in consideration of London Photographic Association including works submitted by Entrants in the London Photographic Association, Entrants indemnify and hold the London Photographic Association harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorised to allow publication and reproduction of the work by the London Photographic Association.
Timeline the nude 2 contest Runs from 2009-12-03 to 2010-03-31 00:00:00
More information here